Sunday, October 10, 2010

Some Continued Pain and Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse

Been kind of slow the past few days. My arms are hurting, presumably a continuation of the pain due to piano playing. So I haven't touched the piano very much the last little while. In fact, sometimes my wrists and arm hurt even when I type and use the mouse. And that actually reminds me--when I was in grad school doing too much programming on a non-ergonomic keyboard eventually make my wrists hurt.

So I bought an ergonomic keyboard, the Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000, which is the same one I used back then. In additional, for the first time, I bought an ergonomic mouse.  This is one of those that look like a joystick, the 3M Ergonomic Mouse.  So hopefully I reduce as much stress and repetitive motions as possible.

One of the things after my lesson with Madeline Bruser is that I've been more conscious in sitting up straight.  And it's surprisingly tiring!  In fact sitting up straight makes my shoulders pretty tired after just a few minutes of sitting in front of the piano.  I'm sure that this is a good habit, it's just that I'm even having some back pain now...

But here's something that'll cheer everybody up:

No comments:

Post a Comment